Workout Of the Week
Time to earn your weekend, so grab a ball or bosu and give it a try.
Make sure you give yourself a good warm up before you begin this set.. lunges, twists, jumping jacks, sun salutations, jump rope ect.
- Back extensions - lay face down with the ball or bosu underneath your hips. Extend upwards lifting only your torso while extending your spine. Do this slowly, utilizing your core strength, and engaging your butt muscles. do this repeatedly for 1 minute
- Scapula Push Ups - hands on the ball in push up position. Maintain a strong core and neutral neck position. Slowly push up extending your scapula then return to a neutral position. Remember your arms are not moving, just your scapula. repeat for 1 minute
- Bird Dog exercise - begin on your hands and knees. Extend your left leg behind you and your right arm in front of you until they are parallel to the floor then slowly bring your knee to your elbow before returning to the extended parallel position. Repeat for one minute then switch sides. If you have a resistance band, place it around both feet and then give it a try. Your butt will thank you!
- V-Ups with Stability Ball - Begin lying flat on your back, holding the stability ball in your hands with your arms extended above your head. Using your abdominal strength lift your torso and transfer the ball from your hands to in-between your legs. With the legs squeezing the ball, slowly lower your legs and your torso. Lifting your torso and legs grab the ball and transfer back to your hands again lowering slowly. epeat this movement for 1 minute
- Stability Ball Jackknife - Start in pushup position with your feet or shins on the stability ball forming a straight line from head to heel. Keeping your back flat, use your abdominal muscles to pull the ball in towards you by bending your knees towards your chest, then slowly return. repeat for 1 minute
Repeat this sequence 3-4 times giving yourself a few minutes in-between to rest.
Good luck - Have a ball!!